Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_Nomad View Post
"Overgrown adolescent" is an interesting choice of words. An adolescent would choose what everyone else is choosing based on peer pressure, a 128i.
"Everyone" is driving a 128i based on peer pressure? Really? That is one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever seen on these boards. Where do you live that everyone drives a 128i? Sales there must be many times the national average...
But I agree, the OP should drive both and choose what speaks to him. It may well be the R32, but I'm just trying to present an opposing viewpoint. To me it's a glorified Golf. I certainly lusted after GTI's in high school, but it's been a long time, LOL. I even lusted after the R32 when it first came to the States (10 years ago?). Certainly my perception is colored because I associate the car with my own younger way of thinking.
But I give up. I presented my case and have obviously stepped on a lot of toes. Somebody mentioned the R32 being a cult classic and you lot prove it! In the end, I can't say the R32 would be a bad choice by any means - but I myself was (and am) more attracted to the 128i.
Appreciate 0