11-11-2010, 11:21 AM   #9
BavFan_08
Dreamer
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 E88 6MT | Ret '08 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovinUp View Post
Some of the appliance upgrades are still crap, better off saving your money and buying yourself later and negotiating a good price. Upgrades through the builder are "easy", so even if they get a deal you're still paying a premium. I have a jacuzzi tub in my new place, used it once. Save your money there. My stainless appliances are kitchaid and finger print much less than the bottom of the line whirlpool stainless in my old condo (yes I know whirlpool and kitchaid are same parent company).

As for new condo's, are you familiar with "occupancy"? While it may not be a deal breaker it's something you should be aware of. Try to make sure your view will not be obstructed in the future (if it's good in the first place). For example my old place at Yonge and 401 should always have an obstructed view because it looks over the 401 and a $$$ residential neighbourhood. The other side of the building used to have a similar view before they put in another building. My friend at the Matrix downtown on the 35th floor facing north east has a GREAT view. Now 100m out his living room floor to ceiling windows will be another building.
I agree with the appliances bit...my wife and I recent purchased a free hold town house and we took the money for the appliances and applied it to upgrades around the house...the appliances they were giving us were junk and we just went out and bought are own...when buying appliances check the manufacturers that offer rebates...also consider kenmore...kenmore appliances are just appliances from other vendors (i.e. GE, Frigidaire, Whirlpool.) Its actually very very easy to figure out which manufacturer kenmore is using (there are guides about it all over the internet.)
Appreciate 0