08-12-2013, 12:04 AM   #8150
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg4734 View Post
Ok, thanks. I think changing plugs will fix the timing corrections, though if that doesn't help i'm not sure what to do next. I have the tune off the car currently since I'm going to try and get plugs under BMW maintenance, but I'll try and get a better log this week if I need to go to an indy shop.

How do I go about fixing the overboost? Is it worth fixing? I had this happen before in another log before I downloaded ATR, and I'm not sure what to change on the map to prevent overboosting.
Your corrections were minor (-3 or less) and only in two cylinders. It's not really too much to worry about. It might be caused by the throttle closure or be adapation based. I find whenever I flash a new map and don't go WOT a few times, timing corrections will show up.

As far as fixing the overboost (which was minor) you are going to want to massage your "WGDC Base" table as a starting point. Multiply your table by .9 to scale it down 10%. If throttle closures still show up go ahead and log "MAF requested WGDC" and "Boost Setpoint Factor", post it up here, and we can go from there.
Appreciate 0