Thread: Hi everyone
View Single Post
      02-22-2006, 04:58 AM   #10
MrIvory
Rep
Drives: 325 Black Sapphire 2005

I don't know what to tell you. I called and asked about the radio stations not appearing on one of the keys. As I was talking, I asked about the CIM upgrade - CIM20. The guy said they would need it all day. They took the car and even offered a loaner but I would have waited longer so I didnt take it. They did drive me to the office tho. It is great service there! I don't know why I would get it and you dont.

I have just looked at the service summary they gave me - it all says warranty. It doesnt specifically say they updated to CIM20 - it says programming /encoding control unit.

Stupid question - You did buy it new, from them? It is an e90 still under warranty?

A friend of mine bought a 2.5 year old 530 from BMW Melbourne Kings Way, and they said they would update the software before he took delivery - they didn't so he took it back and they did it for him - no charge. I think he has a 12 month used car warranty but not sure if he will get another update for nix.

Ask them if it is covered under warranty? Don't spoil it for me tho.

Not sure if this helps.
Ivory