12-02-2011, 09:05 AM   #56
TurboBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFish View Post
Bingo ! I couldn' have said this better.

Here is my experience.

1) replaced the RFTs with non-RFTs - handling went for a crapper (front tires rolled over on hard cornering), ride was beautiful - using Dinan Stage 2 tune (still in warranty) - not happy
2) Change suspension - Dinan Stage 3 (springs shocks, front sway, camber plates), added front M3 tension and wishbones - handling very firm, much improved handling and performance - change tune to Procede, catless DPs, AR FMIC, DCI - somewhat happy.
3) change rear suspension - add subframe, M3 arms (upper and lower), rear sway, LSD - MUCH better handling, ride still f'n firm, add: Meth and Forged DVs - almost happy (happy with power)
4) add rear toe arms - car tracks straight where I point it - 90% at least, change to Procede 11-1 maps (power great) -HAPPY with whole package.

The point being the entire car was designed for very firm side wall tires and you can't just change those - you have to redesign things to match them like the M3 has.
I'm now at point 3) with my car (- meth), overall quite happy, and Procede Rev 2.5 upgrade and the Toe Arms are in the mail

Unfortunately it won't be until January that I'll have the toe links installed. But user impressions so far seem promising!
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Öhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Solid Subframe Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0