A418t81
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Ever changing fleet

Garage List
2013 335is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfv2 View Post
Benzy, the guy who knows 60% and argues like an authoritative source!

E85 has 3 blends and runs class 2 during shoulder months.

Moisture in e85 can be a problem from a long term corrosively standpoint, but it picks up that moisture at the pump station where turn over is low.

You will not hydrolock your engine from moisture in e85, these injectors atomize the fuel, including whatever water is in it. Have you seen people deadpan their engines? Extrapolate and reign back the silly crap advice/half logic half making stuff up. I got my eye on you
Came here to say this almost verbatim. Thanks for saving me the time. E85 blends also drop in the winter in ethanol content to help with cold cranking as ethanol has a lower heat of vaporization which makes cranking more difficult without heat in the engine to help vaporize the fuel. E85 is hygroscopic, but it doesn't just sit around sopping up water if you open the gas cap. Long term storage (multi-month) can be an issue without proper containers, but certainly no problem in a decently used car. There is absolutely no problem with moisture in the fuel in the winter as compared to the summer with regards to hydrolocking, that is complete BS.