View Single Post
      06-07-2010, 11:13 AM   #1
zeenon53
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Thumbs down Vista BMW @ Pompano Beach Florida

Guess I will start from the beginning.

I have been searching for a new car for months online and in person locally. originally I was set on getting a MB C350 because I thought it looked better than the BMW 335i. I had test driven both cars along with the subaru STi and Mitsu Evo X. The BMW was the ultimate driving machine, definitely. Once I saw one with the m-sport I was in love.

While browsing the web I located a 09 dealer demo m-sport 335i in FL, being that I live in NC it was going to be a bit of a challenge to get the car. I called the sale rep, Carlos, and explained to him my situation and that I would be willing to put a deposit down and drive down to Florida in a few weeks with my car as a trade. He told me it wasn't necessary that they ship cars all the time. All I needed to do was provide a couple shots of my car that I was trading in, no problem. I went outside to snap a few pics and immediately sent them. I was hot for the car and wanted to secure it that day. A few days went by while I was calling once a day while trying not to be a pest calling multiple times. In total it took about 10 days to secure the car which I found very odd because in those 10 days I could have changed my mind and decided not to buy it.

On to the shipping. I received a call from Carlos that it would be easier for them to pick my car up first since they had a transporter in my area on the way down to FL and I would be without a car for 2 days, not a big deal. The transporter came and picked up my car on thursday. I did not receive the car until monday. This wasn't too big of a deal because I live about a mile away from work and had co-workers give me rides. Upon receiving the car I noticed it was filthy. It wasn't the filth that would accumulate form a transporter either. The interior was a mess, there was extensive brake dust on the wheels , and the exhaust tips were covered in exhaust soot. That doesn't happen from driving a clean car onto a transporter. So much for the $600 dealer charge to prep the car and do all the paper work.

After receiving the car I was going through it and noticed the car didn't have heated seats like it said it did in the ebay add. The OBDII cover was also missing along with 2 of the valve stem caps for the TPM wheels. I called Carlos and told him about the problem and he brushed it off telling me that the heated seat option is standard in all ebay adds. I immediately called BS on that and explained he had to place that in the add since every car add is different and I have seen 1000's of them. He said he would send me a set of floor mats to compensate for that along with the other items I was missing.

After almost 4 weeks and numerous excuses from Carlos as to why I don't have anything I called the manager Sal at Vista. Explained to him my whole situation, I also told the Sal that i have not received any financials on the car and that my temporary tags where about to expire. Not to worry I was told, he would take care of everything. I immediately received my floor mats but nothing else.

The temporary plate on my car is now expired and I am extremely pissed off. I am still waiting on the rest of the parts to get to me and have given up. I am extremely upset with the way this dealership handled my purchase and would not recommend them to anyone. I have been extremely understanding through the entire process but enough is enough. I filled out my survey from BMW NA last night and should be receiving a phone call from them.

Last edited by zeenon53; 06-07-2010 at 09:06 PM..
Appreciate 0