View Single Post
      11-30-2012, 09:44 AM   #307
Fully_Bolted
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W. View Post
So you claim Terry's DIY pump is good for 650whp on E85, yet he already posted datalogs showing LPFP pressure dropping off at the 525whp level? How did we get such radically different views of the same data?

355lph @70psi is very optimistic since Terry's DIY pump is not very well thought out. He uses a T fitting for one of the large siphons which hijacks a large portion of the pumps output. And who says the stock pump was that bad anyway? He removed a perfectly good stock pump and replaced it with a bigger pump, then promptly cut it's capacity in half with all the DIY hardware store plumbing. There's still a big question about how he handles the various siphons, plus the issue with the fuel level sender has never been addressed. There's plenty of datalogs from Terry's DIY pump showing that it only helps a little, hardly worth it for all the trouble.

The fuel system on the 335 is just that; a system. Any upgrade must be integrated with the other components in the fuel system before it can be considered a true upgrade.
I've never seen data showing the upgraded LPFP couldnt keep up with demands, his HPFP wasnt meeting requested....

Can you point me to where his Low pressure was not meeting requested?
Appreciate 0