View Single Post
      08-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #10
CJ421
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
Looks beautiful, welcome.

I fully agree that the ride quality is excellent, I was expecting a sports-car like harsh ride. The 2011s as I understand got a revised suspension and it's much better at soaking up bumps. I couldn't be happier with the ride.

FYI I replaced the 18" 193M + Bridgestone RFT on my car with 19" OEM wheels + Hankook V12, the ride is noticeably improved - bumps are no longer harsh and choppy (compared to the non-RFT, that is; I think with the RFTs it's good in its own right). It's also significantly quieter (as in, on the highway I said to myself "wow, I don't remember it being this quiet before"). Handling/grip is improved as well, the car holds a sharp corner with a lot more confidence. The RFTs tend to stutter over pavement in higher speed turns, especially if the pavement is broken. I'd recommend taking those RFTs off and getting some non-RFT tires ASAP.

On the topic of power, I think the N55 pulls quite strongly; then again, I came from a 4-cyl compact. I'm getting a JB3 Stg 1 and an AR 4" catless DP installed in about two weeks, I'm expecting a big boost in power.