View Single Post
      10-25-2012, 08:36 AM   #5
eric@helix
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 M Coupe, 08 135i, '12 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by woptang22 View Post
Well, this has been going on for a while. Ive had a boost leak for months now. At one point it seemed to stop after FMIC, and all connections were tightened. Then about a month later the boost leak was back. About 2 months ago everything seemed ok then doing a 3rd gear data log the boost leak was back. I had the car in for service at a local shop. Once again all "normal" boost leak connections were tightened and things seemed fine for a bit. Well I should say about a week. So yet again the boost leak was back. I get the P3OFF code when I go high in the RPMs. And it happened yesterday and Im just not sure what to do at this point. When the car was in the shop a few months back a smoke test was done but didnt show any leaks at all. A few people mentioned the boost solenoids as being the issue. But how is this confirmed? Or do I just need to spend the money and have the boost solenoids replaced? That doesnt seem like the best answer to me, but Im just not sure how to get this fixed. Any ideas?
We can test those solenoids, John.
Appreciate 0