07-03-2007, 01:53 PM   #8
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
and people buy this crap.....should be illegal.
Why legislate to prevent people from doing stupid things?
Ever hear of "caveat emptor"?
IMHO, the world would be populated with fewer morons if they weren't protected by BS laws designed to prevent them harming themselves.

Take the pool manufacturing business for example. They are inundated with high premiums for product liability insurance because there are morons out there that don't know that they shouldn't dive head first into 3 feet of water. So, we have to pay higher prices for pools to offset the cost of those premiums and the "do not dive" stickers that are required on every pool. Let the morons kill themselves for all I care. Isn't that what natural selection is all about? If they don't survive to breed, there will be less moron genes in the world and it will be a better place for the rest of us.

In fact, if that was the case, there would probably be only 3 or 4 members on this forum!
Appreciate 0