View Single Post
      03-26-2013, 10:20 PM   #1
EuroSpec27
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i M-Sport

"SOS Call Malfunction" from V1 Hardwire?

I hardwired my V1 radar detector a few months ago using a fuse tap method to the windshield wiper (followed a DIY on m3post) and it's been working great up until last week. Now, whenever my car pleases, the "SOS Call Malfunction" warning pops up on my dash and my radio/cd/ipod stop working. I reset the iDrive by holding the power and eject buttons down, but as soon as the system booted back up, I got the same error message. After restarting the car a few times, and resetting the iDrive with no luck, I decided to power off my V1 radar detector for the hell of it. I then reset the iDrive and powered the car on, and the radio came on and everything worked fine again. Why is this happening? Did a fuse blow? Should I tap into another fuse? I read about this issue in some other threads and how BMW will sometimes replace the entire iDrive unit in a case like this, but will having the V1 installed void my warranty? This is an extremely annoying problem to have, especially with a 40 minute commute to work every day (the silence makes me crazy) If anyone could please shed some light on this issue, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Appreciate 0