View Single Post
      05-24-2012, 12:12 PM   #105
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

LL doesn't count now? You just used it a bunch of times to try to make a point.

MT almost beating the M3 with the 5.0 doesn't count (given the BOSS is shitloads faster than the 5.0)?

Now I don't know what's up with that crazy promo they made where it lapped LS faster than the R8 and some other notable cars, but how about that? That was the non-LS version, no less. Or are you on the Sticky bandwagon insisting they must have had sticky tires and oodles of other cheater enhancements? (If anyone hasn't read the comments on that shit house of a site, it's hilarious)

But are we talking straight line only or track only? If straight line, why are we comparing the BOSS and M3? They're both at home on the track, if I wanted straight line I'd get a 135 or 335 and tune the shit out of it, or a Shelby and mod it. Both the M3 and BOSS still do well in a straight line, but I just find it so odd; when did BMW fanatics start putting so much stock in drag times and 0-60? Back in the E36 days and before, it was all about the handling. Competitors could pump out the HP, but a Rustang keep up with the BMWs in any sort of corners without extensive mods. Seems 0-60 and 1320 are awfully close for both the M3 and the BOSS, not surprising especially when you factor in the DCT.

And you didn't bother to address why you tried to say the LL times were faster for the M3 against the GT500 or BOSS, because they're not. The M3 gets beat by both. Nor did you address the curb weight error, the Shelby is 38XX and the BOSS is 3622. The 2011 M3 DCT is what? 3700ish (Not sure, someone please post the correct number)? And you're asking how a 444HP, 380lb-ft, 3622 pound car could possibly keep up with a 414HP, 295lb-ft, 3700 pound car? I don't understand what's not to understand about the numbers here. Sure the LRA hurts the BOSS a bit, but the scales are tipped in its favor in more ways than one.

And oh yeah it avoids the GG tax, as does the 662HP Shelby. I consider that a part of engineering as well, and one helluva feat at that.

Not trying to argue, but you're saying some erroneous stuff, at times refuted by your own links, and then when it's pointed out, you glaze right over it and move on to your next attempt. You say it's like arguing with your ex, but maybe your ex wasn't so crazy after all.

Last edited by ragingclue; 05-24-2012 at 12:27 PM..
Appreciate 0