04-12-2007, 08:35 AM   #25
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgc View Post
The loan calculator is certainly a handy tool. My quote from Drive the Deal was on APR of 8%, not 8.2% as stated so may be room for further negotiation. Local dealer was on the phone earlier this evening and could not beleive the deal i have been offered. Seems extremely keen to attempt to get close to this deal and has asked me to e-mail the figures, which he wants to run by his boss. Should be interesting to see if he can do anything!
Just a thought, but are you still looking at PCP?

If so keep an eye on the final payment. The 'what car' depreciation index shows a retained value of £14K for a 320d msport after 3 years / 30,000 miles:

http://www.whatcar.com/depreciation-...=0&ED3=0&ED4=0

If your GMFV on the PCP is significantly less than £14K you could take a little gamble and go lease purchase instead, which would allow you set the final payment yourself. You would be taking the risk that the car would be worth as much as the final payment, but it may bring down the monthly cost.

Also the current best loan rates are around 6.3% APR, I'm certain BMW could match this - although they are already giving you a VERY good discount and reducing the interest rate would only be worth around £20 a month.
Appreciate 0