Chowbow
pew pew
Rep
Drives: 三三五i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thammel View Post
Hey Chowbow,

Did you do the installation of the sway bar(s)? Did you install both a front one and rear one? I think the others here are right on line - but my inclination is not that something is loose but rather too tight, hung up, or installed incorrectly (upside down).

I plan to do this - front and rear installation - myself, and am aware of the need to lower the rear subframe to remove and install rear sway bars. If you did this yourself, I'm sure many of us would appreciate a detailed write-up of lowering the rear subframe.

Thanks,
Tom
Tom,

I have not installed my rear sway bar yet. With my shock/spring install, the car corners flat and quite neutral honestly. I'm going to wait and get on the track first before I decide if I'm going to install it or not. I will not DIY it, dropping subframes on a garage floor is a PITA in any car. It's gonna go to a shop for installation. If you have enough jacks, jackstands, and people helping out then it shouldn't be too bad.

If you're hearing popping from the springs, then the rubber mounts which go on the bottom / top of springs may not be installed which can be a big issue. I'd figure that any good installer would not miss something that obvious though.