View Single Post
      03-18-2014, 07:32 PM   #11
thompsac25
Stance to make her dance
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr hungry View Post
You just gave more reasons to avoid 19s than to get them. Drive slow, watch the road not the traffic, be more catious(ie drive slow)...your argument takes the majority of the joy of driving the car out of the equation and just replaces it with, "well, it looks cool." Not trying to bust your balls, just pointing out how your post reads. Btw, I'm on 18" factory M wheels and am even considering some 17s to increase tire choice, decrease price and decrease rotational mass.
I see your logic as well. I argue with my dad about wheel sizes all the time. But regardless of how big my wheels are (or even what car I'm driving), I still drive more cautiously (definitely NOT slow) and avoid potholes and go slower over RR tracks in order to prolong the life of my suspension (both stock and aftermarket). Plus, if the pothole is bad enough, it'll pop a tire regardless how big your wheels are (also know this from experience). I'm also more of a form>function person sometimes so I personally think 19's look better on this car than 18's. Not to mention, the price that wheels are these days, wouldn't you want to try to make a conscious effort to keep them clean, curb/dent-free by purposely avoiding potholes at all costs? But, to each his own.

To the OP, do what makes you happy...look at LOTS of pictures. Find something that you like, and go with it. Maybe even buy a used set of wheels and give it a try - worst case scenario, you sell them and buy something else.

Last edited by thompsac25; 03-18-2014 at 07:39 PM..
Appreciate 0