View Single Post
      02-20-2011, 11:07 PM   #36
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

FYI here is clap135/laloosh's opinion on timing and CPS a few months ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by laloosh
IMO, cps offsetting is cute and prevents iditos from knocking incase they run the car too agressive. Is it vital? Not really, look at the jb3. A/f ratio tuning, all 3 have this dialed it seems. Terry is now working on running richer maps for nitrous users and as demostrated by formerboost, it worked out GREAT. Shiv also has some nitrous maps and they're a little leaner but still look very nice. The standback you can dial in you own a/f ratio, however based on experience and what I've read form terry, this car doesn't really give a $#@! about a/f ratio as long as your are not stupid rich/lean. So this leaves us with boost. When I first got the n54 i looked at the procede and the juice box and simpled BASHED them to all hell. Got banned for e90. Both tunes looked like mickey mouse $#@! with their boost control. Since then shiv copied the standback, and terry seemed to sorta smooth his stuff out. However, the standback is more stable and lets you dial in your own boost curve with actual numbers. Thats cool, however will it make you go faster? No it won't, so thats a mute point imo. Changing boost from 15.5 at 5500 rpm to 15.8 cause you could, is nice, but won't result in much of anything. lol The jb3/procede have different boost curves however both work great, With the standback, you make your own.

Take 3 cars, jb3/procede/standback or whateer tune you want.....if boost is the same on those car and the throttle stays open, neither of them wll pull. So pick whatever you want lol and feels the best while providing simple easy features.
Appreciate 0