02-20-2011, 11:13 PM   #42
Joshboody
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: pickemuptruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasillalov View Post
Clap135,

See, I have hard time wrapping my head around something like this. What you are basically saying here with these logs is that the stock DME with BMW factory firmware is junk when it comes to controlling timing. Now, I am sorry, but either you are missing something here, or BMW has something else in mind that we are not aware of.

You have to understand that a statement like that is very very hard to swallow for any BMW owner here. You are saying that the stock car knocks all the time, but yet, I've never heard of anyone complaining about how their stock car drives. As a matter of fact, most people here are looking for smoothness of their tune, comparable to stock.

Note: I am not saying you are wrong, or trying to attack you personally. I am just saying that it is bit difficult to come to terms with "Stock ECU is not capable of doing timing correctly"
You're in chicago, so you do see some heat. when you WOT when stock and it's hot... doesn't feel so good huh; not like the winter? This is timing. the dme is trying to reach the same load target, so why is it slower... timing.
Appreciate 0