View Single Post
      06-14-2011, 07:11 PM   #18
orionredwing
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan, 135i Coupe

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
Thanks guys for all the positive comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i 07 View Post
Has anybody ever eliminated fault code 2A82 by simply changing the solenoid???????????
Although I didn't get this code, the answer is yes, others have eliminated the fault code simply by changing (or cleaning, as others have mentioned) the intake (or exhaust) solenoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i 07 View Post
Have you seen these codes again or was it the "fix" in your case?
Yes, this was 'the fix'. I haven't thrown these codes again, even after multiple track days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENINTY View Post
Great write up. This DIY led me to diagnose my fault code that came up this week. Thanks for posting it.

One last tip. I suggest removing and replacing the solenoids one at a time. If both solenoids are out, it is very easy to accidentally drop one of the small mounting bolts into the openings, which would be really bad since the screw would now be in the casing for the cam chain drive. If I may augment the procedure a bit: I think it is best to remove and replace (or clean and replace) the bottom solenoid first. Then remove and replace the top solenoid second. Following this sequence will prevent accidentally dropping a mounting bolt into the front of the engine.
Thanks! First post updated with yours, and everyone else's tips.

PROcede | AMS FMIC | AR Catless DPs | AR Oil Cooler | BMS DCI
Wavetrac LSD | KW V3 w/ Swift Springs | M3 Front Suspension
Appreciate 0