View Single Post
      01-28-2013, 11:04 PM   #14
w2830
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcornwellatl View Post
So mine is a 08' 335i and has idrive and CA. My files may be some what different - but from what i've seen, it seems BMW uses a standard base set of these commands and just deactivates items that are not present on the car - so i can send you what I have. As for the feature- yes, I'm pretty sure any car on the market that has a remote that unlocks the door has this feature. It is a safty feature. Unlock driver first (so bad guys can't open the passanger side when you hit the FOB and kidnap or kill you). Unlock all doors with the second push. As pointed out in the video, the idrive system has it shown - but like you said - no idrive - here is what I found by searching google - i borrowed this from another forum... tell me if these steps help or not -

Here's how it works on mine. To get the full stalk menu, the car needs to be running but not moving. There are two controls on the turn signal stalk, an up/down toggle switch on the front face of the lever, and a button on the outer edge labeled "BC" that pushes in towards the steering column. With the car running/not moving:

toggle the face switch up/down until you see "SET" and a locked/unlocked padlock icon. (I have two "SET" options ,the other one has a thermometer and something else for the icons)

push the outer button in to select this SET menu

toggle up/down until you're on a selection that looks like: <- -> 3x

push the outer button to select this feature

toggle up/down until you're on the "3x" option [funny thing about these non i-drive menus, even if there's only two options, the initial menu might only show you the one you're on and you have to scroll to see all/others]

push the outer button to engage this feature

Should take you immediately out of "setup" mode and the setting will be effective immediately.
I can understand that being a safety feature but I think it's overkill. Anyway back to the topic.by "3x" do you mean there's submenu in there? Cuz 3x is the turn signal blinker,it has nothing to do with unlocking feature.theres no submenu for other function.at least not on mine.i just went out and double checked(had the car running but not moving)
Send me a copy of Kombi and cas when you have a chanc so i can do a comparison.cant think of any other way to figure it out thanks!

Last edited by w2830; 01-28-2013 at 11:10 PM..
Appreciate 0