View Single Post
      02-10-2012, 04:02 AM   #1
MattRuf
Matt
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 320d se

Question Seat Smoking!!!!Seat side bolster pump.

This forum has helped me out numerous times with what appears to be "common BM faults.......So this might be a new one for ya all.

I thoughts my backside was on fire as I entered a roundabout, car full of smoke!!! I don't generally do worry but i was slightly concerned!
Luckily it wasn't my arse just my seat merely smoking.....(20 a day by the amount of smoke in the car)
The side bolster pump was running flat out the switch on the seat seemed to have no effect on the pump and the side bolsters were still at the normal level of inflation!!!.... I took the back off of my seat and disconnected the pump to stop further fire & brimstone and the fact it would drain the battery as it was still running but with no obvious damage to it or the area.
My questions
Pump still runs, so what burnt out? Switch? but that much smoke?(pump doesn't smell burnt out either!!)
I haven't checked the fuses, but i presume one didn't blow as the pump kept running. Why?
I'm alright with greasy things but trying to get the side plastic panels off (manual adjust levers) the seat gets me right nervous!!! any pointers to where ALL the clips are

Help... and comments Please. I hate things not working.
Appreciate 0