RaceBlood
Going nowhere fast.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricer X View Post
Tim -

I've long ago infused some slim cut shirts into my rotation and have recently gone with flat front dress pants as new additions. While, I have non-pleated casual pants for awhile, something about them in a more formal business environment doesn't feel right. Is that wrong?

I mean, the pleated dress pants just feel more free and look much more professional to me. Is the trend really to flat front even in conservative business environtments such as banking and finance?

Its really just your perception and changing your impression of the look of a FF vs a Pleated. Now, it also depends on the fabric, there is casual and there is formal, a cotton khaki fabric in a lighter tone line bone/cream/tan/light gray is going to look very casual for the workplace, Versus a nice dressy black, navy or charcoal wool fabric that is more in a suiting genre, with a nice dress shirt, tie or no tie, and dressy shiny lace up or slip on, is much more formal than a casual fabric and a light color.

As for FF vs Pleated, as you have seen over the last 5 years, everything is FF for the most part, though the pleat is making a comeback, though now in more casual styles for leisure/sportswear than for the office/suitings.

If you do still prefer a pleat, which some statures it just is more comfortable, like large thighs, a prominent seat or large gut, or combo of all 3, pleats add room to the thigh and fork (crotch) as well they tent to have a longer rise (zipper). I suggest just a single pleat pant, in a darker and dressy suiting fabric, as this is not as dated as a double pleat and still offers a clean look on the front and also from the side as it taper to the knee.

Nordstrom usually has a nice selection of dressy work pants, like Zanella style, in fine wools that have a lot of reflex and dont wrinkle so bad.

One thing many men forget about or dont pay attention to, is the shoe style, as everyone here is so detailed in their mods and trim on their cars, all the way down to the reflector delete, or debadging the rear, the shoe is really a detail that sets off a dress pant or suit, and should not be a thick sole, a square toe, or a large toe box, but a clean and simple design that is a nice finish to the pants drape and cuff.

I am old school english, I wear a suit with a FF and no break with a 2 1/2 inch cuff on some suits, I wear no socks unless very cold out, and wear a nice old english blutcher lace up, in a nice dark chestnut, with all my suits, and a matching belt. I do own a few slip ons too, I like the Ferragamo styles for both lace up or slip ons.

Like these.

also the brogue is back big time, I like a nice Monk strap too, even with dark denim jeans and a nice shirt...

http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/mens-sho...origin=leftnav
Attached Images

Appreciate 0