11-21-2012, 02:39 AM   #37
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karbon View Post
If you're still looking for tires i'd look at the Kumho Ecstas 4X - I had some Continental DW's on my car. They were pretty good but wore super quick.

The Kumho's are way quieter and have the same traction rating but come with a 40k mile warranty and have 420 treadwear.

I honestly get better performance out of the Kumho's than I did the Continentals and the Conti's were 50bucks more per tire.
Exactly my impressions - my Conti DW's were very good handling tires and you could really crank up the speed even in driving rain with no problems - but they wore way too fast for me...

I decided to try the Kuhmo's based on TireRack advice - settin in the garage for next spring install. Now the Kuhmo's are All-Season vs the Conti Summer Performance tirees, so we'll see...

BTW, I was told by TireRack that if you are running a staggered setup on your car- the treadwear warranty for ANY tire that offers one is NOT valid and will NOT be honered
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0