01-23-2007, 05:51 PM   #20
docbeemer
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 SG 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.G View Post
oh great you have 19inch rims, i am considering ordering 19 inch rims as well when i order my coupe. Just wondering how the ride was with the 19inch rims? im worried because alot of ppl have been complaining about the ride quality with the standard 18inch rims.
Hi,
I have the 19' rims and have done just under 4000k's in the car since november. The ride is firm and it's great when you put the boot in- the car just sticks on corners with no tyre squeal. Daily driving can be a bit jarring at times (F'ing crap australian roads + RFT sidewalls) and scuttles and jumps over linear bumps (bridge expansion joints, tram tracks etc). But did I mention that they look awesome (I'll try and get some pics in the next few days- I'm pretty busy)? Don't forget to factor in the replacement price of 19' RFTs- massive. I'm thinking of getting a mobility kit and non RFT's when they wear out. Cheaper, softer ride without handling/ cornering compromise and more tyre choices.

Good luck with your order.