View Single Post
      05-20-2011, 03:11 PM   #6
AKF12
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi 4DR Sedan

what about cup kits? what they're good for then?

BTW, how does pricing works for coilover? is the price shown online is for the whole complete kit? may be you can PM for pricing on 06 330xi AWD sedan. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********s.com View Post
I'd recommend you simply do it right the first time and to go with a coilover system. Seeing how you've had experience with the Suspension Techniuqe V1 coilovers by KW on your E46, that would most definitely be the system that I would recommend for you as well on your E92. The answer is simple, you get what you pay for when it comes to vehicle suspension. As such a crucial component of your vehicle, suspension is definitely something you do not want to cheap out on. KW is known for their reinforced and durable suspension components. KW's coilovers have been carefully crafted and designed by studying the flaws of competitors and improving on them. In addition KW coilovers can go lower than just about any other brand and allow you to set your car to a "slammed look", "sporty look", or anywhere in between. In the unfortunate event that anything should happen to your coilovers, KW's warranty backs all their products from manufacturer's defect.

Coming from the makers of KW suspension systems the only main difference between the ST Variant 1 and KW Variant 1 is the steel they use. While KW uses Stainless Steel for their shock housing, ST uses Galvanized Steel. However, this does not mean a drop in quality, durability, or appearance. Although coilovers that use galvanized steel are more prone to corrosion due to environmental influences (i.e. mixture of salt water); those in the lower states: California, Texas, Florida, Nevada, etc. don't have to worry about corrosion. Those in the mid to upper States that snow still don't have much to worry about as long as they do not drive in heavy snow conditions upon where salt is used on roads. to further ensure those with doubt about Galvanized Steel, ST has corrosion resistant zinc plating on all of their threaded strut housings for further protection. I'll go ahead and shoot you over a PM with more details!
Appreciate 0