View Single Post
      04-23-2011, 05:00 PM   #131
orionredwing
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan, 135i Coupe

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
Yes of course. Those of us who track our cars regularly are (or should be) on an aggressive maintenance schedule.

1) For oil change, I use BMW Synthetic. I posted an UOA beginning of this year.
2) LSD - Differential oil I use Redline 75W90NS (no friction additives for Wavetrac). A few of my friends are into drifting, and they mentioned Redline burns off, but so far, at 15K change intervals, mine has come out clean. Track use, while aggressive, is still not as aggressive as drifting. They all prefer Motul, but Motul doesn't have one w/o friction additives.
3) Coolant - 50/50 OEM coolant, although I'm thinking of going to a higher water to coolant ratio. But no radiator cleaner. My mechanic just flushes the system. I'll inquire about that at my next flush.
4) Tranny - don't believe the factory lifetime fill, especially if you track your car! I replaced w/ the same OEM. I was concerned when it came out so dark, but according to the threads, it seems normal. What are you guys filling with?
5) Brake fluid - Motul RBF600

Hmm, did I cover everything?

P.S. I've had no temp issues with aggressive street driving either. This is with the factory oil cooler in 100F CA weather. Sure, oil temps still go up, but if it gets to the point where it's a problem, then you're in the realm of reckless driving imo. Stay safe!

P.P.S. Up until this last track day, I've been running 11psi max (PROcede at 10%), so not really running tuned on track either. Sorry, stock cars still overheat if driven anywhere near the limit But if this is the first few times you're tracking your car, you'll be fine w/ the AR Oil cooler. Chances are you won't be driving near the limit. In fact, I was instructing a first time student (a friend) this past Tues in my car, and temps didn't go past 255F. Post a review after your next HPDE!

Last edited by orionredwing; 04-23-2011 at 05:17 PM..
Appreciate 0