View Single Post
      08-17-2011, 09:12 PM   #2
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

Nice write-up

Great write-up! Thank you for your kind words.

Some comments:

1) Did you at least try to remove the "old" o-ring? I wonder if you could have removed it with a needle nose pliers. On my e46, I removed the o-ring by using a screwdriver and pressing UP on one side of the ring. The ring then went into a 90 degree position where I removed it with my fingers.

2) When you topped off the oil while the car was running, was the transmission warm? I am surprised that you didn't need to check for temperature. When I did my trans fluid change (ZF Trans.), I didn't check the temp, but the oil was very warm (slightly hot) when I topped it off.

3) Personally, I know you didn't need to, but I would have used the sealant. I recommend you check for leaks in about a month, just to be on the safe side. (This is where a dipstick would be useful, damn BMW engineering.)

4) I can't wait for the Blackstone results. I wish I did that with mine.

5) Lift (Stall Hydraulic Lift- $5.50) Lucky son of a B&^%$.

Again, great job!!!! We need more people like you on this forum!!!!
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger
Appreciate 0