07-29-2013, 07:17 PM   #18
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY13E92M3 View Post
+1

Only Benz, Acura and Infiniti offer a fleet of loaners.

Having owned every luxury brand, I think BMW of Honolulu is very good. Servco Lexus was excellent. MB was good. Audi of Hawaii was very poor. Audi service had stolen personal items from my S4 and A8 when in the shop.
This is my experience with BMW and Audi.

BMW tend to do 2 things when it comes to service. Screw it up and not tell you they screwed it up or screw it up and blame you. Not once have they ever fessed up to something once it was brought to their attention and not once have they ever come forward to say "we made a mistake and we'd like to fix it". These are not obvious things that a normal person would notice right away so if they never said anything, 95% of their customer base would never know. Unfortunately for them, I'm not one of those and I caught a few of their mistakes that I felt was unacceptable and a few other I felt were minor and didn't require me bringing it to their attention. Either way, that attitude shows that they either have no QC, no pride in their work, and don't really give a damn about their customer base.

Most of my experience with Audi service came from my last car which was over 6 years ago. Their service while expensive was always great. They never pushed unnecessary services on you although they would offer it to any sucker that would take it. Still one "no" was typically enough instead of the constant hounding to do their "fuel injection system cleaning" by BMW. I never had issues with shoddy work and anytime I did have to point out something they jumped on it and accommodated me right away. There was never finger pointing or arguing or unprofessional treatment from their service manager. If there was any dispute over cost, it was always done in a civil manner and they always took the courtesy to address me in person about issues rather than over the phone. I haven't taken my current Audi to them for service except for the initial 5k service since that was the only one that was free so I'm not sure if things have changed. I can say that the sales manager that handled my sale was a total prick but from what I understand he's gone now.

I haven't had any personal experiences with Mercedes or Lexus. I had a horrible sales experience at Lexus and my friends who have a Lexus tell me their service department likes to push unnecessary services and threaten to void warranties if you don't take it. My brother has a Mercedes and other than everything being really expensive (which is normal for most luxury dealers), he says their service is pretty good.