View Single Post
      11-18-2012, 12:16 AM   #8
joec500
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: it has 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna Seca Blue View Post
Hey guys, I busted my OEM chargepipe at the throttle body connection, so whatever was used to make that seal is MIA. I checked around the engine bay with a telescoping magnetic flashlight and all I was able to find was shattered rubber and plastic.

I ordered the ER chargepipe from Jeff, and as he states above, you need the OEM O-ring and C-clip to seal the pipe to the throttle body. However, when I look at the diagram on RealOEM.com there is no mention of a C-clip, just the O-ring.

I'm very confused because when I look at pictures of people's charge pipes, they definitely appear to have C-clips on there. Why doesn't Real OEM have the part listed? Are c-clips and o-rings interchangeable or do they work in conjunction with each other? If I do need a C-clip can someone please provide me a part number? Appreciate the help.
Hey, I have a stock Chargepipe sitting in my garage if you want me to bring it. There is an O-ring AND clip. Unfortunately you cannot buy that clip without buying a new chargepipe from the dealer.

someone on another post suggested this:

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E92-335...ooler/ES39182/

But we're not sure if the throttle body clip is the same size as the Intercooler ones.

You do need that clip. If you lost that clip, you might want to get a Chargepipe that does not use that clip as the interface to the throttle body. I think the Vishnu ones uses a host and clamps.
2007 E92 6MT SGM: MusicarNW Level 2, Procede Rev 2.5, FFTEC/Vishnu LPFP with Flexfuel Sensor and Flash, M3 Offset V701's, WaveTrac LSD, Michelin PSS, Downpipes, M3 Control Arms, TCKline D/A Suspension, LCI Tail lights, Lux AE's, ER Charge Pipe, DCI's, Mtech Front and Rear, M3 Sideskirts, HPF Stage 1 Clutch
Appreciate 0