View Single Post
      01-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #1
CoffeeBean
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 640i M-Sport GC

More dead horse beating: BMS Powerbox installed, but on 6MT

I've had a chance to drive with it installed for a couple weeks now on my 328i 6MT. Most reviews seem to be for AT cars so this might help.

Reason vs AA tune: Less expensive of course, but I also wanted to be able to pretty easily return it back to stock if I needed to, and also adjust throttle response/performance tune on or off on the fly myself. Returning back to stock just isn't easily done with the AA tune. i.e. selling the car to a mass audience who isn't interested in modifications and will generally shy away from modified cars.

Installation: Easy to connect once you get to the ECU, but it's a bit of a pain to get to it if you've never done it before. Would not recommend a true newbie trying to install it. I was sick when I installed it though, so that may have made it seem more difficult.

Results: The main reason I wanted it was to get rid of the annoying throttle delay, and that it does extremely well. I don't know if it's just the increased throttle response or a combination of it and the power increase (doesn't really matter), but low end torque/response/whatever you want to call it is amazingly better. Before, the car felt sluggish in low rpm, but now it immediately starts accelerating and revs much faster. I'd think it had a lightened flywheel in it if I didn't know any better. In addition to that, it pulls a good bit harder all the way past 6k rpm. The 100% throttle response increase seemed a little too touchy to me at first, so I switched it to 60% for a few days which was better. I then changed it back to 100% to see the difference and have since gotten used to it and doesn't seem as touchy anymore.

Anyway, I hope this helps someone. It's well worth the money!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0