12-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
Kar15
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 xDrive30i

Headlight Issue...

Hey Guys,

So I have a steep driveway at home. I always park my car backwards on the driveway and I recently noticed that when I do park my car, I'm able to see where my front headlights fall on the street.

I noticed that my driver side headlight is lower than my passenger side headlight. Basically, where the beams hit the road, they aren't at the same level.
The difference is not much, honestly. But it's noticeable. Even when you pull up against a wall, you can see the passenger side beam aiming a bit higher.

I called the dealer, and the guy at service told me that A) this is normal, it's done on purpose by BMW, that the driver side is lower than normal. And B) that if i wanted to do an adjustment, i could, however there would be charges to do that around $130 for the light adjustment as it's not covered under warranty, it's only covered under the first year.

I can live the with lights being a bit lower than one another, it's not the end of the world. I just want to make sure that all this info he gave me is true, and he's not beating me around the bush.
Appreciate 0