View Single Post
      08-11-2008, 10:47 AM   #163
Scottz71
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F25 X3 - Space Grey

Garage List
That guy's name is Morgan...we went up to him and said "hey, you were at the BMW Fedex Field thing with the X5 comparison last year....?!? What gives?"

He mentioned that he co-owns a "pro driver / instructor" business where they lease out qualified drivers and such to manufacturers for such events, for real-world testing, and for programs like police training and such...he's a pretty nice guy and he also attested to the fact that he has been given a lot of stuff to say and that he "may" not agree with it all, but keeping the company line from week-to-week keeps him in business.

Many of the "pro" drivers from the event have also been spot-drivers for the BMW Performance center. I was wearing my BMW Performance Driving School hat and a driver came up to ask me how I liked BMW's programs...after I gushed over my experiences there, he too professed his love for the Roundel and said he wished he was able to work for BMW full-time....

Anyways...most of those guys care about the paycheck, and it'd be very expensive for Audi to shuttle around guys and gals to run the program nationally, so they contract the drivers, the registrars and all from regional outfits and just train them to do the job the way they want it done...

If you go to enough of the events (Lexus, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, etc..) I am betting you'll see a lot of familiar faces eventually...
'07 E92 335i - Space Gray (Brock) retired
'15 i3 REx Giga World - Capparis White (Randy) retired
Appreciate 0