View Single Post
      10-12-2011, 02:45 PM   #947
oldnail
Private
Rep
Drives: G20 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotty View Post
Well they have had a look at it and it now needs another full set of coils etc, as a good will getsure I need to stump up the first £200.
I'm afraid I lost my cool slightly as in effect they are replacing the one that got "replaced" in April !.
I am being told that BMW now insist on all 4 being replaced with updated Bosch coils which has only just been decided.
So I am stuffed I have to pay for a car that is 10 weeks out of warranty, when I calmed down I was told that it couldn't be FOC as it would upset all those people wise enough to take out extended warranty.
I left my 318i into the dealer on Monday after experiencing some misfires and chugging (although no engine management lights). Got it back yesterday and the dealer had changed 4 coils, 4 plugs, one injector and completed an engine management system software upgrade. Luckily it was under warranty (the warranty is up in December). Haven't experienced any misfires since I picked up which is good, but I am concerned about what will happen 6 months/1 year etc. down the line should something go wrong.
Appreciate 0