View Single Post
      02-03-2013, 07:52 AM   #313
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

So more updates:

1. Put on my new M3 steering wheel with DCT paddleshifts and boy has the feel changed! It feels like a new car now haha, amazing feel! Those paddles are so good, I couldn't believe it!!

1a. Going to debadge the car today

2. Picked up my Aero Lip today off Teddy and dropped it straight off to The Custom Cars. That'll go on in March sometime.

2a. Bought my New diffuser and again sent it straight to The Custom Cars

Bad times... Read on..
3. I was in London last night planning to attend a friends birthday and drove in. Half way up my OBC notified me I have a puncture so being RFTs I decided to slowly but surely drive on. Fund a safe place to park up and inspect....... Client see nothing but a full deflated rear driver tyre. Called up AA guys and they sent out a normal van to check the damage... He didn't have a spare tyre so he made some calls... Turned out No-one in London had a 255/30/19 tyre (although it was Saturday night).. So had to get another larger recovery lorry to come to my rescue since the 1st chap couldn't toe it....

...It was too low .. Gt lots of compliments from the guys recovering but still didn't help the fact that my tyre from the inner edge was totally ripped up how in the world did that happen.. Apparently I was driving with that for quite some time.... But it was only yesterday that I felt any weird judder.

Anyways... Since I'm due to put my new wheels on in a month which I'm yet to buy tyres for, I'm just going to source 4 new tyres all round for these 230s - some fails entry level like nankang or so. Reason is this... I'm going to be spending a lot on tyres for new summer alloys and ill be only using the 230 alloys during winters. That too, here and there. For the most part, ill be driving the spare Car at home (Mercedes c class 1998 reg ) since I won't be happy to drive my BMW in the crappy weather with my aero lip lol.

Pics of the steering wheel and other miscellaneous ones to follow later.. Stay tuned..

Last edited by AWBimmer; 02-03-2013 at 12:44 PM..
Appreciate 0