09-29-2011, 09:34 AM   #35
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregxi View Post
Don't worry The Tigers will be eliminated quickly so you can enjoy your Lions
To be honest, I don't expect much out of this Tigers team in the playoffs. Back in '06, we had a rotation we could lean on and we were the underdogs. This year, we've got two starters to lean on, and that's it. We've got three good guys in the bullpen (Alburquerque, Benoit, Valverde) but the rest of our pen is bad at best.

I don't know if the league has been paying a whole lot of attention to our #2 starter. Since he came to the Tigers, 8-1 with a 1.79 ERA and a .84 WHIP.... Good Lord, the guy is a fucking machine. He runs like seven miles on gameday too; he's like some sort of energy ninja.

Don't forget the lineup we've got. It's pretty good in case people haven't noticed.

The team's got the AL Cy Young, the batting (average) champ, and a guy who is 49/49 in save opportunities. We finished the year with a 30-9 run. The Yankers should be worried. Do I think the Tigers will win the WS? Doubtful, but as long as people underestimate us, I don't think we'll have an issue. Back in '06 we were heavily underestimated. Unfortunately, with the headliners I've just mentioned, I don't think teams will overlook us like they did five years ago.
Appreciate 0