12-03-2010, 08:29 AM   #22
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by epbrown View Post
First, I'll stipulate that a classic is any old car, typically more than 20 years old, while a collectible is a car that is out of production and costs more than its original MSRP for a good example. Based on that criteria:

BMW E30 M3
Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe
Honda S2000 (huge maybe)

Several cars guessed started well over $50k, and still won't work. There will be no collectible V8 Ferraris - not the 360, 430, or 458 (nope, not even the Stradale and such). These cars will follow the same well-worn path as the 3x8 cars and the 355. The same applies to any entry-level platform Porsche - the 968, the 986, and the 987 will never be more than dirt cheap. The so-called special editions (Design Edition, Spyder, CS, R, etc) will decline as well, though we'll see deluded owners asking crazy money for them for years to come.
I disagree. I think the 308 will be a collectible (very pretty) and I see absolutely no reason why the Solstice will be a classic. At all.