View Single Post
      09-05-2013, 07:54 AM   #4
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dest View Post
Rather than potentially clog up the what are you listening to thread, I thought I'd start a new one...

Are there any fans on here?
I started listening to hardcore in late 91, starting buying tunes and mixing in early 92.
I then followed the scene intensely all the way through the hardcore era of 92-94, 94-95 jungle, 96-2004 dnb scene until I sold my entire collection in 2004 due to loss of interest in the music coming out from 99-04.
Thankfully I ripped my entire collection before selling, and a couple of years ago got another pair of 1200's MK5's and Serato which I now use just for the enjoyment of mixing for my own pleasure.

From 92-98 I played out at tons of events in and around Northamptonshire including many residencies, the best one being 3 years at the famous Equinox@Milwaukees near Rushden/Bedford every Friday night along side all the big names such as Bukem, Hype, Fabio, Rap, Ray Keith, Slipmatt, Vibes, etc etc etc
Yep, was well into it in 90-95, as above.

Too many young 'uns on here, don't know what you're on about

Not listended yet to your mix - i'm at work., but can imagine how good it is

Went to Milwaukees for my 21st In 1993!! - well and truly mullered!

Being from Staffs, Shelleys (harcore Sat nights only of course) / Entropy / Kinetic were our stomping grounds.

Did lots of the numerous Dance Planet do's at the Aston Villa Leisure Centre.

Remember the early years of the mental one-off all nighters? Amnesia wedding in Northampton? Amdromeda @ Telford Ice Rink '91? Helter Skelter do's?

Seems soooooo old now.... mental!

Last edited by doughboy; 09-05-2013 at 08:04 AM..
Appreciate 0