04-12-2007, 11:21 AM   #87
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
Rep
Drives: Bayerische Motoren Werke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimo View Post
Thanks.

Fortunately, we did the post break-in oil change at 1200 miles, and then another at 7500 miles, so it is not critical that we get in immediately. We have settled on a 7500 mile interval for changes -- notwithstanding BMW's 15000 mile policy.

Oddly, however, her car is now 19 months old with 16000 miles on the clock, and the Service Interval Indicator (SII) is still indicating that she has 7000 miles to go before her "first" oil change. I know that BMW will change the oil after one year regardless of the mileage or SII, but the SII is definitely wrong in her car. I have heard that others have a similar issue. In any case, we don't want to wait too long, as we are now (according to our own schedule) about 1000 miles overdue for an oil change.

Mike

It's not wrong, as E90fleet indicated on another thread, the oil sensor on E90/E91/E92/E93 will also analyze oil condition as well. Since you changed your oil at 7500 miles, the oil is still relatively clean so the miles left to go is at a higher range. Mine is at 15K and I only have less then 1k left on my counter, since I never got an oil change yet, this is fairly accurate