03-12-2017, 02:10 PM   #5
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

By the way you are describing the problem I'd say

1/ front suspension

No9 is your front lower tension strut these are very common you'll also though you haven't mentioned it feel a slight knock or jolt under braking when these play up and you'll also feel a shudder under uneven road surfaces - however when speaking to people who's car we repair and we ask the questions not many seem to feel there s anything wrong once repalced with new arms guess what they feel the difference immediatly as they have become sanatized to the way the car drove before hand. No10 are the front wishbones again you can get play in these as well as the bushes wear so on the fronts wwell worth getting everything checked out or even refreshed you'll feel the difference especially if they arsm have been on the car for some time.

2/ rear suepension

the rears a bit more difficult as its a good old multi link set up but if you fel that the car skips say when you are turing right and or when going over say a bump then it could be several things

I'm thinking from how you are describing it that you may have a weak rear axle bush No3 for the rear mounted No2 for the front mounted if these are not rigid then under laod the assembly will under load move essentually sideways and you'll feel it I would say.But the lower rear bushes on the diagram are also worthy of a good look as well but axle bushes for me sound like a good place to start

The rears diffiuclt for some places to prove even the smallest movement when checked with a pry bar can trranslate to under load a feeling that isn't right once the cars driven

Here's some pics of my old shot bushes on my old car

IMO well worth getting it checked out only a guess mind based on what you've described but its sounds like it could be what you have described

Hope this helps

Last edited by old grey steve; 03-12-2017 at 02:15 PM..
Appreciate 1
tadaska113.50