Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive28i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothern
I don’t have the 328i yet, thinking about ordering it in February (guess I should have clarified that a little better in my profile). I am still trying to decide whether to go with the 328i or 335i coupe. The reliability of the twin turbo is a big concern as I plan to keep the car for a few years after the warranty runs out. I have made a few general inquires to a number of dealerships; trying to do my home work before I finally decide on the exact car. I’ll then start negotiating with a dealership.
Did you get your 330 in Halifax? If you did, how are they to deal with? I will probably buy the car without even sitting in it, let alone driving it. How is it to drive? Is it as much of a driver’s car as everyone says it is? I currently have a Mazda Miata and a Toyota Camry; they are on both ends of the driving spectrum. I am assuming the 328 will be close to the handling of the Miata and the ride of the Camry.
Is their bimmer club or group you know of in NS. Be nice to get together some time, or if you ever come over to the island Gros Morne National Park is a great drive if you get the right weather.
Yep, got the 330i sedan here in Halifax. I did shop around to dealerships in Quebec and Ontario via email, mostly to improve my bargaining position with the Halifax dealership. When I came back to the local dealership with a dozen quotes, they eventually hooked me up with a better deal.

My salesperson (Cheryl Young) was great! She was really down to earth and not snotty like the other salespeople. A coworker of mine recently bought a 530i there through Celia Cox and he hated her. I can put you in touch with Cheryl if you'd like.

In my opinion, the dealership as a whole sucks. Cheryl was great, but otherwise, not so much. The parts guy doesn't know nearly as much about the e90 and it's accessories as even I do from reading this post. Their accessory prices are borderline criminal, and I've gotten everything I need outside of the dealership. From talking to "car guys" here in Halifax, they say the same thing, especially about the owner, Ed - they say he's a greedy D**K.

All that being said, if you're only dealings with the dealership is the purchase, then you should be fine with Cheryl.

As far as the car goes, I couldn't ask for anything more! Everything you read about the handling and performance is true. The transmission is smooth, steering precise and responsive, and so tight and strong around corners (with the sport package suspension, can't comment otherwise). My previous car was an Acura RSX Type-S, which was fun to drive, but doesn't come close to the e90. I've never driven a Miata, so I probably couldn't speak intelligently about a comparison.

There is a NS chapter of the BMW club of canada, called the bluenose chapter. I haven't joined or anything, but I'm considering getting out to one of their events in the spring to see what it's all about. However, I get the feeing from their website that it's older folks and yuppy couples. The driving school, however, brings out the enthusiasts, so I'll probably try that at some point.

I'd love to go for a fun drive in NFLD if I get over with the e90. If I do, I'll let you know. If you're coming down here, or driving home with your e92, definitely hit the cabot trail in cape breton if you're looking for fun drive!