View Single Post
      02-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #22
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will@StageX View Post
currently my car is neutral if i throttle through a turn it will oversteer if i let off in a turn it will understeer 255 285 i think it wil be ok doing 265 295 or 305 and it will probably be faster due to the fact that in general i will have more traction and be able to exit turns faster
That's OPPOSITE of what a neutral car should do. A neutral car would push (what many would call understeer) with more throttle and tug (most mistaken with oversteer) with less. Something is seriously wrong with either your setup or your driving.

Here comes some worthless opinion on my part.

A build requires IDENTIFYING what is the weak point of a chassis and fixing and addressing those weak point accordingly. Throwing parts at it willy-nilly may actually exacerbate the weak point of the chassis.

In my opinion, the E9X chassis is so advanced that 90% of the issues can be resolved without touching the chassis. The BIGGEST weak point of the E9X, and 335i by extension, is the COOLING SYSTEM. If you can't address that first, fixing everything else is meaningless. By making the chassis faster, you're only exacerbating the cooling issues inherent in multiple part of the chassis.

So any talk of a build without 1) upgrading cooling for the engine and 2) upgrading cooling for the brakes and 3) upgrading heat capacity of the tires will ultimately result in a car that will be LESS drivable compared to stock. Frankly, if what you're saying is true, that you have not had any cooling issues at track (unless, of course, it's a straight track you're talking about, i.e. 1/4 mile), then the problem with your chassis, and the BIGGEST weak point of the car, is with the DRIVER.

Again. IMO. If you don't fix those weak points first, "building" out the chassis is meaningless.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0