View Single Post
      06-07-2007, 04:49 PM   #40
itsbrokeagain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 528iT, E53 X5, E46 325xi

I talked to the bodyshop today..Im leaving my car with them tuesday so they can have it for the day to try to get it out. He said he's seen worse and pulled off the impossible.

Upon closer inspection today, realized it wasnt that bad..except for the white scratches, which I think might have penetrated the clear. The lines connecting the 3 scratches kinda just pushed a dent into the clear...which they can get out without an issue.

They removed the bird crap etched into my hood once before...so this I hope will go over smoothly...lots of wetsanding to do. If they can get most of it out, then I can be somewhat happy with it. I'm trying to avoid painting the door, because even out in the day it will look fine, when you take a picture at night, the door is always going to stand out.

The car is going to see some good track time this summer (I hope) with the new job. I can't wait to get it to Watkins Glen or LimeRock or the Poconos and fiddle around with it. So the fronts going to be all rock chipped anyways LOL. Heres a pic..sorry its so big...
Appreciate 0