View Single Post
      11-11-2011, 01:03 PM   #42
benzo23
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 14 F30 AW MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemonkey1112 View Post
hey everyone, so I finally did the K&N drop-in and charcoal delete yesterday and i definitely feel the extra 15 ponies!!!!!

haha just kidding but on a serious note...

From my experience, after I had swapped in the new filter and cut out the charcoal filter, my car definitely has a slightly lower engine note when starting the car; the engine note was a lower tone than what I was used and made its presence known in the car. My passenger even noticed the sound change and she doesn't know much about cars (she was just accompanying me as i did the swap and when I started the car, her initial reaction was, 'whoa... *smiles*'). The car idling at a stop sign/light is no different than stock. There is an increase in throttle response but don't expect anything truly significant; I still feel the delay (comparing to my brother's e46 w/ gruppe M intake). I'll have to get a ECU tune to fix that straight.

As of sound, the engine IMO does seem to be slightly louder (4500rpm and up but I also am debating if my 3 stage manifold has something to do with this); there is no dramatic change in tone. I never expected more power out of this but it does sound nice to hear more of the N52 in the car.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9u6UqpDzya4?hl=en&fs=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
AWESOME
Appreciate 0