05-11-2011, 12:50 PM   #69
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumley View Post
Fine! Even if I was willing to concede the fact that it may or may not differentiate itself over an off-the-shelf system that requires customization (a point Shiv is OBVIOUSLY not conceding), why do you or anyone else care!?!? I just don't get why people are SO incensed by this .....I'm not necessarily directing that at you personally, but look at the threads, it's obviously people have made this personal, not objective.....and BTW, it's NOT $1,000.

Seriously? You just must love to argue....you don't drill a hole in the washer tank, worst case, to drill the cap which costs what $3? $4 to replace? As far as "spaghetti", you must know better than that. Look at any of the DIY's for trunk mounts, INCLUDING Vishnu's. You have a tank (mounted directly above your battery no less), feeding a pump, feeding controllers making by my count 5 meth tubing connection points BEFORE it ever leaves your trunk along with all the wiring and relays. Most of them look like a small stereo install. From there you drill a hole(s), and run what? with bends 15' of tubing and wiring up to the front? Leave it exposed and you run the risk of weather or debris damage. Hide it somehow and it's that much more work to undo every time you take the car in for a oil change, or to fix a simple rattle. Are you seriously suggesting these systems are the same in that regard?

Rational or not, I use my trunk daily and would never have all that back there nor do I want it a foot or two from where my daughter sits when she's in my car. If I'm going to have a problem I'd rather have it in the engine bay...

Not one single thing you said makes any sense to me......except for the last line. Let me ask you this since you bring it up... would your rather have multiple points of leakage or a pump failure, however unlikely, INSIDE the car or a far simpler setup in the engine bay?

Edit: Last post on this topic until I get it and start using it and perhaps post feedback....I'm kicking myself (hard) for allowing myself to get sucked into arguing about this!!
hate to do this but....

..+1

it's obvious in reading through this thread and the others that this has become a personal attack...moreso than just prove that product A has benefits over product B. i've lost respect for some members because even when presented with hard facts and info...their pride gets in the way and won't allow the mere thought that maybe...just maybe...there is a better way to do something.

shits old.
Appreciate 0