09-25-2013, 05:24 PM   #13
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster84 View Post
I have a feeling the guy used the BT cable to flash and not an open flash. He never responded, which is why i think he didn't use the open flash since he created another thread about the same issue...

It just doesn't make sense. If the open flash prevents you from flashing a bin with the wrong vin how could he have done that to begin with. If the file loaded into the open flash was a different vin it would prevent it from writing the file to the car. It's the same lock that would prevent your original bin from being re-written.

I'm sure shiv can post more info on this, or maybe he's testing it to see what happens. Or maybe he's busy trying to create the AT maps?
Time out... Let's rethink your logic. The guy flashed his car and now he can't flash because the VIN on his DME is not the same as the VIN in his table. So what part of this didn't you understand? The OFT doesn't look at the .BIN file to validate the VIN... That probably should be a future fail safe...

if he used a BT cable to flash his car, why would he care about what VIN is on his DME ? The BT cable with BTF doesn't care about the VIN...
Appreciate 0