QUiKSR20
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 328i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktimize View Post
It's just rather pathetic that Kia can figure out options like Ventilated Seats for an entry level SUV of 40k$, but brands like RR or BMW need to charge you an extra 10-20K for some stupid option package that includes the one option you want. It's just a way to milk people that feel the need for a luxury vehicle.
You said it!!! I agree BMW is a BMW and Kia is a Kia there both great in there own way...

But if one brand rapes you for an option that probaly cost them next to nothing to add it should make you wonder.

Now dont go thinking the option on the other car is inferior, perfect example...

HID Headlights ( Standard on every Acura sold / Infiniti / Lexus )

Last time I check when people retro fit HID's in cars the TSX / S2k projectors
are pretty much the benchmark / best option out there.

Dont think because BMW didnt include them it made the price go any lower or that the HID's on the X model is an inferior quality part being used.

I agree bells and whistles are not why we drive BMW's but gouging is gouging. They built the brand and they deserve to charge what they want
and I agree with that but dont try to justify that its right.

The germans materials / fit & finish & refinement is where they shine. Dont confuse that with reliability or horsepower.

With the newer models like the F30 ( 4 Cylinder turbo ) you see big diff in what weve grown use to in a BMW that silky smooth INLINE 6..
The new ones are a step down..
Appreciate 0