09-17-2009, 11:11 PM   #3
systech
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i (sold) 997.2 Carrera S

Quote:
Originally Posted by systech View Post
Sorry to monopolise the forum with my minor and probably inane problems, but what the hell...that's what the forum is for isn't it (in part at least)

I will however also post some photos of the car (2008 335i with DCT) and driving impressions of the DCT in due course

After all the complaints about iDrive over the years, I was somewhat surprised to find that it is fine and reasonably intuitive. Have managed to perform most functions without consulting the manual once. Clearly the addition of the various buttons (radio, Back, Nav, Tel etc) have simplified navigation of the various menus.

Just one minor issue...occasionally it seems to reboot randomly (usually when using navigation and then switching audio sources although it does not appear to be repeatable).

I'm guessing it's just a minor software bug (it is a new version after all and the range of functions and car options is pretty large).

Has anyone experienced this? Is it a known issue?
Will raise with the dealer perhaps at the next service unless it degenerates (at the moment it is still in the minor nuisance category).
Just a quick progress report.

The dealer reloaded the iDrive software (although it transpires that I had the latest version of the software aleady loaded), which seemed to eliminate the problem for a few weeks. However, it still occasionally reboots. The dealer tells me that a new software version is being released this month so will try that and hope that is resolves the issue.

Just to repeat my initial question, has anyone suffered similar problems ?
Appreciate 0