Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg3787
Quote:
Originally Posted by O2nice View Post
Im having a problem right now as i speak where my battery voltage is currently at 17.3 volts...all the light on the dash light up including transmission, abs, airbag, traction etc. can only drive the car a few feet until i get the temp warning and the car shuts down due to the waterpump not getting the proper current to operate it.. Im wondering if its the voltage regulator or the ibs. Problem first occured while sitting in the car for about 10 mins at idle and then the dash lit up like a christmas tree lol
I was having almost the exact same problem. My wife was driving the car, then the ABS, brakes, and DTC light came on. About 30 sec later those went off and the airbag light came on. Also the brake light would change from orange at idle to red once I gave it gas. The spedo along with other random things like the window switches weren't working. Codes I pulled said that it was a speed sensor fault. I ended up downloading INPA and looking at all my sensors real time, they checked good. I did notice that my voltage was at 17.6-18.4 with the engine on. I disconnected the wire on the alternator and started the car on battery power. Everything worked perfectly, no lights or warnings. I'm going to replace the voltage regulator tonight. I'll let you know if that doesn't fix it.
I fixed my issue..it was the alternator. The pulled locked up and started to overcharge the battery. I replaced it and the problem was fixed
Appreciate 0