03-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #37
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
MGuy
Please let me know your findings. My plan is to run Elate from 2 bridged channels of XD600/6 so feeding them approx 200W. I have scooped my XD600/6 and it gave 220W clip free signals on bridged channels.

I have got my elates delivered today. Sounds like its going to be very difficult job to fit these in OEM enclosures. Problem is its cage, which is wide and get restriction due to blend / bend in the OEM enclosure.

How did you fit ADMWs?
I hacked the crap out of the OEM enclosure

Actually, it wasn't that bad. I used a 3/4" MDF spacer and I grinded down all the reinforcing ribs on the bottom of the enclosure. The ADMW actually is still too high for the M3 seats so instead of installing the OEM grill over it, I installed the Morel grill. Even then, the seat rail smashes down on the grill a bit. Luckily, the ADMW doesn't have enough excursion to make that an issue. Finally, I didn't want to cut the carpet to accommodate the Morel grill so I kind of just rolled the excess under. Its not the prettiest installation but I'm going to see how this increase in power goes. If it still doesn't work out, I'll probably look for something that is a better fit like a Gladen or Jehnert. The amp I'm connecting the AMDW to is an Audison LRx 4.5. I will be bridging the 4 channels down to 2 so power output will be very similar to yours. I think the rating is 260W.

My other amp will be an Audison LRx 5.1k which will run the tweeters, mids and sub.