View Single Post
      03-24-2008, 08:00 PM   #2
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

I bought my E90 from them in May of last year, and I have not had a need to visit the service department yet. I did one oil change at 5000 miles (7500 now) at Eastside Bavarian because it was half the price of the dealer.

I will say though that the one time I called service I wasn't impressed. We had an SES idiot light come on, and I called to see when I could bring it in to have it checked out. They said "two weeks." Two weeks?? Just to have a damn code scanned? I said, "The manual says not to drive it when the light comes on, so I'm supposed to sit on it for two weeks?" "Yes sir, sorry, but we are really busy." BS.

Anyway, I learned that Schuck's will scan codes for free, and I had them check it out. Code was "evaporative system leak", which generally means "loose gas cap." They cleared the code and things were fine. Time was 5 minutes and cost was zero.

I know I won't get to the 15,000 miles for the oil change before I get to one year. So I'll be scheduling an oil change at the one year mark. It should be interesting to see how it goes, because I want them to collect a sample to send off to Blackstone for me.....
2013 Ducati Multistrada Touring S, Red
Appreciate 0